Mercedes S-Class 2020 interior (non-official release)
I am not sure how close to reality this interior will be, but all the photos we have seen so far indicate a portrait central information display. It is difficult to estimate the screen size from the renderings but I 'll guess it will be around 14".
my comments / predictions:
1) BMW will do something similar
2) one touch funtions at the bottom of the screen (e.g HVAC),
3) curious to see how MB will manage reflections, especially on cars with panoramic roof.
4) super curious to understand eyes-off-road-time and look down angles on that big portrait. I guess the MB Human Factors people wanted the screen higher, but there is no space for the vents.
5) the air vents have been minimised to allow space for the screen. Infotainment gets priority over thermal comfort.
What do you think? Is this too much?
source: I always acknowledge my sources, but on this case I am not sure where I got the photo from. I think it is from a Mercedes-Maybach fans linkedIn profile, but I couldn't trace back, sorry.
As always, views are my own.
#infotainment #mercedes #sclass #displays